Solution-focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
Workshop Date: 3, 10, 17 December 2023
Time: 9am to 6pm
Facilitator: Mr James Chong
Course Fees: $1,550
Early bird Deadline: 31 August 2023
Registration Deadline: 19 November 2023 (or earlier when full capacity is reached)
Class Size: 6 to 8 pax per intake
Early bird rate available. Please enquire for more details.
Please note, before you purchase this workshop, you will have to do complete step 1 and 2
We will invite you for interview, once the interview is cleared, you may proceed to the next step.
This workshop aims to provide participants with an understanding of the theory and practice of Solution-focused Brief Therapy (SFBT). In addition to sound theoretical knowledge, participants will learn the essential core skills required to practice SFBT clinically.
SFBT is a strength-based approach to psychotherapy that focuses on solution-building rather than problem-solving. It is effective in treating a variety of disorders. Solution-focused researchers and psychotherapists believe that, in general, people develop default problem and solution patterns based on their experiences. Unlike other types of psychotherapy, which focus on current issues and previous causes, SFBT focuses on how the client’s current situation and future hopes affect them.
This workshop is for participants who want to practice SFBT but do not have the necessary training. This workshop is also useful for Counsellors, Educators, and Life Coaches interested in using Positive Psychology and Strength-based approaches to help others achieve more meaningful results in life.
As this is an advanced workshop, participants must have basic coaching, counselling, or psychotherapy skills before applying.
Participants must also fulfil any one of the following:
- Current undergraduate student in psychology-related fields (e.g. counselling, psychology, social work) who had completed TLM’s CBT workshop
- Participants with a bachelor’s degree from any discipline and have completed TLM’s CBT workshop.
- Practising Life Coaches, Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologist without SFBT background, and have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field (e.g. counselling, psychology, social work)
- ACA / APACS / SPS / SASW Full Members without SFBT background and have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field (e.g. counselling, psychology, social work)
Participants who do not meet the prerequisite skills requirements will be strongly encouraged to take a complimentary bridging course in Basic Counselling Skills.
This workshop will cover the following areas:
- Strength-based Approaches in Psychotherapy
- Solution-focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) Concepts
- Getting Started with SF Approaches
- The Miracle Question
- Exploring Exceptions
- Using Scaling Questions
- Reframing Technique
- Coping Questions
- Resource Finding & Feedback
- Latter Sessions: EARS Technique
The workshop would fully equip participants with SFBT knowledge and skills upon completing the workshop. Graduates from this programme can work with clients on various issues.
The delivery of this workshop is equivalent to a post-graduate module, and it comprises the following:
- Forty (24) hours of classroom time over three days for lectures, skills training, demonstrations, practice role-plays, and discussions.
- Six (6) hours of self-directed learning and class assignments.
Written and video role-play assignment.
Upon successful completion of the workshop, each participant would receive the following:
- A Professional Certificate in Solution-focused Brief Therapy
Accreditation And Recognition
We are pleased to announce that this course is accredited and recognised by the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) On-going Professional Development.
We are also pleased to announce that this course is accredited and recognised by the International Association of Therapists (IAOTH)! You may join IAOTH as a Therapist.
Join Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive daily updates & promotions!