Counselling can help you cope, learn new coping strategies, and find ways to avoid becoming anxious in the first place. You can put a stop to the endless cycle of worry and fear in your life. Take your first step and schedule an appointment with our mental health professionals today!
If you're someone who frequently feels restless, nervous, or tense, or if you have difficulty controlling feelings or thoughts of worry, you may be experiencing anxiety. Anxiety is a normal and healthy emotion that drives us to reach specific goals or get things done. However, when anxiety becomes excessive, it can be detrimental to our mental health.
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety disorders are characterized by persistent and excessive worry and fear over commonplace events. These disorders can affect your behaviours and interfere with your ability to fulfil your duties or live your lives to the fullest. Symptoms of anxiety can vary from person to person, but some common ones include:
- Frequently feeling restless, nervous, or tense
- Having difficulty controlling feelings or thoughts of worry
- Having sleep problems, such as difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Constantly feeling or having thoughts of impending doom
- Feelings of being out of control
- Blushing, sweating, or trembling at a social situation
- Pounding or racing heart
- Frequent Stomachaches
- Difficulty making eye contact or being around people they don’t know
- Heighten self-consciousness or fear that people will judge negatively
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, counselling can be a valuable tool to help you cope with anxiety. Our mental health professionals can work with you to develop new coping strategies and find ways to avoid becoming anxious in the first place. By taking steps to address your anxiety, you can put a stop to the endless cycle of worry and fear in your life.
How to manage Anxiety?
There are many different approaches to counselling for anxiety, and our professionals will work with you to determine the best approach for your specific needs. Some common types of counselling for anxiety include cognitive-behavioral therapy, and exposure therapy.
Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT) is a type of talk therapy that focuses on identifying and changing negative thought patterns and behaviours that contribute to anxiety. Through CBT, you'll learn to challenge and reframe negative thoughts, develop coping skills, and practice relaxation techniques.
Exposure therapy involves gradually exposing you to the situations or objects that trigger your anxiety, in a controlled and safe environment. The goal of exposure therapy is to help you learn to manage your anxiety in these situations, so that you can eventually face them without experiencing overwhelming fear or panic.
Benefits of Counselling for Anxiety
Counselling for anxiety can provide a wide range of benefits, including:
- Learning coping strategies – Our professionals can help you develop coping strategies to manage your anxiety when it arises. Coping strategies can include deep breathing exercises, visualization techniques, and other relaxation techniques that can help you stay calm and centered when faced with anxiety-provoking situations.p
- Identifying triggers - Our professionals can help you identify the triggers that cause your anxiety, whether they are specific situations, events, or people. Once you know what triggers your anxiety, you can work with our professionals to develop strategies to avoid or manage those triggers.
- Changing negative thinking patterns - Anxiety often arises from negative thinking patterns and beliefs. Our professionals can help you identify and challenge these negative thoughts and beliefs, and replace them with more positive and realistic ones.
- Improving self-esteem - Anxiety can be fuelled by low self-esteem and self-doubt. Counselling can help you build your self-esteem and confidence, which can in turn reduce your anxiety.
- Gaining perspective - Anxiety can make it difficult to see situations clearly and objectively. Our professionals can provide an objective perspective on your situation, helping you to see things more clearly and make more informed decisions.
- Preventing relapse - After you've made progress in managing your anxiety, it's important to continue to work with our professionals to prevent relapse. Our professionals can help you identify warning signs of relapse and develop strategies to manage them before they escalate.
In addition to these benefits, counselling for anxiety can also provide a safe and supportive environment where you can express your feelings and concerns without fear of judgment or criticism. This can be especially important if you don't feel comfortable talking to family or friends about your anxiety.
Overall, counselling for anxiety can help you overcome your anxiety and improve your overall quality of life. It's important to remember that seeking help for anxiety is a sign of strength, not weakness, and that with the right support and strategies, you can learn to manage your anxiety and live a happier and more fulfilling life.
Our goal is to provide guidance and support to assist you overcome life's challenges. For individual counselling sessions, our fee structure is as follows:
- $120 per session.
- Each session is up to 60 minutes in duration.
- Any extension beyond the allotted time will be charged at $60 per 30-minute block, subject to availability.
- The same fee applies to the first and subsequent follow up-sessions.
Mode of Counselling
We understand the importance of a supportive and comfortable environment for counselling. Currently, we offer in-person counselling sessions at our centre. Our dedicated team of experienced clinicians is here to listen and support you through your journey of empowerment and personal growth.
We are here to help. Don't let your problems affect you any longer. Take the first step towards positive change and schedule a counselling appointment with us today!
Join Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive daily updates & promotions!