Professional Certificate in Solution-focused Brief Therapy
Workshop Date: 7, 14, 21 August 2022
Time: 9am to 6pm
Facilitator: Mr James Chong
Course Fees: $1,550
Registration Deadline: 31 July 2022 (or earlier when full capacity is reached)
Early bird and student concession rate available. Please enquire for more details.
The aim of this workshop is to provide participants with an understanding of the theory and practice of Solution-focused Brief Therapy (SFBT). In addition to sound theoretical knowledge, participants will learn the essential core skills required to practice SFBT clinically.
SFBT is a strength-based approach to psychotherapy that focuses on solution-building rather than problem-solving. It has been shown to be effective in treating a variety of disorders. Solution-focused researchers and psychotherapists believe that, in general, people develop default problem and solution patterns based on their experiences. Unlike other types of psychotherapy, which focus on current issues and previous causes, SFBT focuses on how the client’s current situation and future hopes affect him / her.
This workshop is for participants who would like to practice SFBT but do not have the necessary training. This workshop may also be useful for Counsellors, Educators, Life Coaches, who are interested in using Positive Psychology and Strength-based approaches to help others achieve more meaningful results in life.
WORKSHOP ENTRY REQUIREMENT:
This is an advanced workshop. Participants are expected to have at least basic coaching, counselling, or psychotherapy skills before applying.
Anyone one of the requirements:
- Undergraduate students in psychology-related fields (e.g. counselling, psychology, social work) who have completed TLM CBT workshop.
- Participants with a bachelor degree from any discipline with an interest in the Helping Profession, and have completed TLM CBT workshop.
- Practicing Life Coaches, Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologist without SFBT background, and a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field (e.g. counselling, psychology, social work)
- ACA / APACS / SPS /SASW Full Members without SFBT background, and a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field (e.g. counselling, psychology, social work)
Participant who does not meet the prerequisite skills requirements will be strongly encouraged to take up a complimentary bridging course in Basic Counselling Skills.
This workshop will cover the following areas:
- Strength-based Approaches in Psychotherapy
- Solution-focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) Concepts
- Getting Started with SF Approaches
- The Miracle Question
- Exploring Exceptions
- Using Scaling Questions
- Reframing Technique
- Coping Questions
- Resource Finding & Feedback
- Latter Sessions: EARS Technique
Participants would be fully equipped with SFBT knowledge and skills upon completing the workshop. Graduates from this programme will be able to work on clients on a variety of issues.
The delivery of this workshop is designed to be equivalent to a post-graduate module. This workshop comprised of a mixture of lectures, skills training, demonstration, role-play, class presentation, and self-directed learning.
- Forty (24) hours of contact time over a period of Three days for lectures, skills training, demonstrations, practice role-plays, discussions, and class presentation.
- Six (6) hours of self-directed learning, and class assignments.
Upon successful completion of the workshop, each participant would receive:
- A Professional Certificate in Solution-focused Brief Therapy
ACCREDITATION AND RECOGNITION
We are pleased to announce that this course is accredited and recognised by the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) On-going Professional Development.
We are also pleased to announced that this course is accredited and recognised by the International Association of Therapists (IAOTH)! You may join IAOTH as a Therapist.
REGISTER FOR WORKSHOP!
Click here to explore our upcoming events!