Graduate Certificate in Psychotherapeutic Approaches
(Solution-focused Brief Therapy Specialisation)
Workshop Date: 24, 31 July, 7, 14, 21 August 2022
Time: 9am to 6pm
Facilitator: Mr James Chong
Course Fees: TBC
Early bird and student concession rate available. Please enquire for more details.
The aim of this workshop is to provide participants with an understanding of the theory and practice of Solution-focused Brief Therapy (SFBT). In addition to sound theoretical knowledge, participants will learn the essential core skills required to practice SFBT clinically.
SFBT is a strength-based approach to psychotherapy that focuses on problem-solving rather than solution-building. It has been shown to be effective in treating a variety of disorders. Solution-focused researchers and psychotherapists believe that, in general, people develop default problem and solution patterns based on their experiences. Unlike other types of psychotherapy, which focus on current issues and previous causes, SFBT focuses on how the client’s current situation and future hopes affect him / her.
This workshop is for participants who would like to practice SFBT but do not have the necessary training. This workshop may also be useful for Counsellors, Educators, Life Coaches, who are interested in using Positive Psychology and Strength-based approaches to help others achieve more meaningful results in life.
WORKSHOP ENTRY REQUIREMENT:
This is an advanced workshop. Participants are expected to have at least basic coaching, counselling or psychotherapy skills.
Anyone one of the requirements:
- Undergraduate students in psychology-related fields (e.g. counselling, psychology, social work) who have completed TLM CBT workshop.
- Participants with a bachelor degree from any discipline with an interest in the Helping Profession, and have completed TLM CBT workshop.
- Practicing Life Coaches, Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologist without SFBT background
- ACA / APACS / SPS Members without SFBT background
Participant who does not meet the prerequisite skills will be encouraged to take up a bridging course in Basic Counselling Skills.
This workshop will cover the following areas:
- Overview of Strength-based Approaches
- Overview of Solution-focused Brief Therapy
- Theories & Application of Solution-focused Brief Therapy
- Clinical assessment & Formulation using SFBT
Participants would be fully equipped with SFBT knowledge and skills upon completing the workshop. Graduates from this programme will be able to work on clients on a variety of issues.
Upon graduation, graduates may seek clinical supervision with APACS clinical supervisor (L4S) to further hone their CBT skills, and register themselves as a member of APACS.
The delivery of this workshop is designed to be equivalent to a post-graduate module. This workshop comprised of a mixture of lectures, skills training, demonstration, role-play, class presentation, and self-directed learning.
- Forty (40) hours of contact time over a period of five days for lectures, skills training, demonstrations, practice role-plays, discussions, and class presentation.
- Ten (10) hours of self-directed learning, and class assignments.
Upon successful completion of the workshop, each participant would receive:
- A Graduate Certificate in Psychotherapeutic Approaches (Solution-focused Brief Therapy)
ACCREDITATION AND RECOGNITION
We are pending accreditation.
REGISTER FOR WORKSHOP!
Click here to explore our upcoming events!