Graduate Certificate in Psychotherapeutic Approaches
(Solution-focused Brief Therapy Specialisation)
Workshop Date: TBC
Time: 9am to 6pm
Facilitator: Mr James Chong
Course Fees: TBC
Early bird and student concession rate available. Please enquire for more details.
The aim of this workshop is to provide participants with an understanding of the theory and practice of Solution-focused Brief Therapy (SFBT). In addition to sound theoretical knowledge, participants will learn the essential core skills required to practice SFBT clinically.
CBT is a highly structured, short-term, present-oriented psychological therapy (aka psychotherapy) that aims to resolve a client’s presenting issues by modifying dysfunctional thoughts and behaviours.
SFBT is shown to be effective in treating a variety of disorders, by focusing on the client’s strengths.
This workshop is for participants who would like to practice SFBT but do not have the necessary training. This workshop may also be useful for teachers, management, leadership teams, parents or and individuals who are passionate about people and want to help others achieve more meaningful results in life.
WORKSHOP ENTRY REQUIREMENT:
Anyone of the followings:
- Undergraduate students in psychology-related fields (e.g. counselling, psychology, social work)
- Participants with a bachelor degree from any discipline with an interest in the Helping Profession
- ACA / APACS / SPS Members without CBT background
This workshop will cover the following areas:
- Essential Skills in Psychotherapy
- The Processes of Psychotherapy
- Theories & Application of Solution-focused Brief Therapy
- Application of SFBT on Depression & Anxiety
- Clinical assessment & Formulation using SFBT
- Ethics of Psychotherapy
- The Contextual Model of Psychotherapy
Participants would be fully equipped with SFBT knowledge and skills upon completing the workshop. Graduates from this programme will be able to work on clients on a variety of issues.
Upon graduation, graduates may seek clinical supervision with APACS clinical supervisor (L4S) to further hone their CBT skills, and register themselves as a member of APACS.
The delivery of this workshop is designed to be equivalent to a post-graduate module. This workshop comprised of a mixture of lectures, skills training, demonstration, role-play, class presentation, and self-directed learning.
- Forty (40) hours of contact time over a period of five days for lectures, skills training, demonstrations, practice role-plays, discussions, and class presentation.
- Ten (10) hours of self-directed learning, and class assignments.
Upon successful completion of the workshop, each participant would receive:
- A Graduate Certificate in Psychotherapeutic Approaches (Solution-focused Brief Therapy)
ACCREDITATION AND RECOGNITION
We are pending accreditation.
REGISTER FOR WORKSHOP!
Click here to explore our upcoming events!