Being anxious is a normal and healthy emotion that drives us to reach specific goals or get things done. Anxiety is necessary for survival by warning us about potential dangers and threats. However, too much anxiousness can be detrimental to our mental health.
Individuals facing anxiety disorders worry and fret excessively over commonplace events. It can affect their behaviours. Persistent Anxiety with uncontrollable fear and worry can affect our capacity to fulfil our duties or live our lives to the fullest.
Some symptoms of Anxiety include:
- Frequently feeling restless, nervous, or tense
- Having difficulty controlling feelings or thoughts of worry
- Having sleep problems, such as difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Constantly feeling or having thoughts of impending doom
- Feelings of being out of control
- Blushing, sweating, or trembling at a social situation
- Pounding or racing heart
- Difficulty making eye contact or being around people they don’t know
- Heighten self-consciousness or fear that people will judge negatively
Counselling can help you cope, learn new coping strategies, and find ways to avoid becoming anxious in the first place. You can put a stop to the endless cycle of worry and fear in your life.
Take your first step and schedule an appointment with our mental health professionals today!
Each session lasts up to 50 minutes. Each session is chargeable at $100/-
Please note that the contact form above are not meant to address crisis situations as we may not be able to attend to your enquiry immediately. If you are facing a mental health crisis, please call IMH at (+65) 6389 2222 or (SOS) at (+65) 1800-221 4444. Thank you!