Graduate Certificate in Psychotherapeutic Approaches (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Specialisation)*
Workshop Date: 1, 2, 8, 9, & 15 December 2018
Time: 9am to 6pm
Facilitator: Mr James Chong
Course Fees: SGD $980 nett
Early bird and student concession rate available. Please enquire for more details.
The aim of this workshop is to provide participants with an understanding of the theory and practice of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). In addition to a sound theoretical knowledge, participants will learn the essential core skills required to practice CBT clinically.
CBT is a highly structured, short-term, present-oriented psychological therapy (aka psychotherapy) that aims to resolve a client’s presenting issues by modifying dysfunctional thoughts and behaviours. CBT is one of the most evidence-based research psychotherapy shown to be effective in treating a variety of disorders, particularly clinical depression and anxiety disorders.
This workshop is for participants who would like to practice CBT but do not have the necessary training. This workshop may also be useful for teachers, management, leadership teams, parents or and individuals who are passionate about people and want to help others achieve more meaningful results in life.
WORKSHOP ENTRY REQUIREMENT:
Any one of the followings:
- Psychology diploma graduates (Ngee Ann / Temasek Polytechnic)
- Undergraduate Psychology students
- Participants with a bachelor degree from any discipline with an interest in the Helping Profession
- ACA / APACS / SPS Members without CBT background
This workshop will cover the following areas:
- Introduction to Basic Counselling Skills
- Theories & Application of Cognitive Therapy
- Theories & Application of Behavioural Therapy
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy: Bringing it together
- Application of CBT on Depression & Anxiety
- Ethics of Counselling & Psychotherapy
The delivery of this workshop is designed to be equivalent to a post-graduate module. This workshop comprised of a mixture of lectures, skills training, demonstration, role-play, class presentation, and self-directed learning.
- Forty (40) hours of contact time over a period of five days for lectures, skills training, demonstrations, practice role-plays, and class presentation.
- Ten (10) hours of self-directed learning, and class assignments.
Upon successful completion of the workshop, each participant would receive:
- A Graduate Certificate in Psychotherapeutic Approaches (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- A Letter indicating your successful completion of both the workshop and the Australia Counselling Association (ACA)’s ten (10) Ongoing Professional Development (OPD) hours.
We are pleased to announce that this course is recognised by the Australia Counselling Association!
Click on the logo to find out more!
*Pending APACS’s accreditation and recognition