Graduate Certificate in Psychotherapeutic Approaches
(Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Specialisation)
Workshop Date: 21, 28 Nov, 05, 12, 19 Dec 2021
Time: 9am to 6pm
Facilitator: Mr James Chong
Course Fees: SGD $2,450 nett
Early bird and student concession rate available. Please enquire for more details.
The aim of this workshop is to provide participants with an understanding of the theory and practice of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). In addition to sound theoretical knowledge, participants will learn the essential core skills required to practice CBT clinically.
CBT is a highly structured, short-term, present-oriented psychological therapy (aka psychotherapy) that aims to resolve a client’s presenting issues by modifying dysfunctional thoughts and behaviours. CBT is one of the most evidence-based research psychotherapies shown to be effective in treating a variety of disorders, particularly clinical depression and anxiety disorders.
This workshop is for participants who would like to practice CBT but do not have the necessary training. This workshop may also be useful for teachers, management, leadership teams, parents or and individuals who are passionate about people and want to help others achieve more meaningful results in life.
WORKSHOP ENTRY REQUIREMENT:
Anyone of the followings:
- Undergraduate students in psychology-related fields (e.g. counselling, psychology, social work)
- Participants with a bachelor degree from any discipline with an interest in the Helping Profession
- ACA / APACS / SPS Members without CBT background
This workshop will cover the following areas:
- Essential Skills in Psychotherapy
- The Processes of Psychotherapy
- Theories & Application of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Application of CBT on Depression & Anxiety
- Clinical assessment & Formulation using CBT
- Ethics of Psychotherapy
- Introduction to Advance skills in CBT
- New Directions in CBT
Participants would be fully equipped with CBT knowledge and skills upon completing the workshop. Graduates from this programme will be able to handle the various applications of CBT on clients suffering from possible symptoms such as Depression and/or Anxiety. Other psychological issues such as Anger Management, Insomnia, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and Post-traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD) will also be covered.
Upon graduation, graduates may seek clinical supervision with APACS clinical supervisor (L4S) to further hone their CBT skills, and register themselves as a member of APACS.
The delivery of this workshop is designed to be equivalent to a post-graduate module. This workshop comprised of a mixture of lectures, skills training, demonstration, role-play, class presentation, and self-directed learning.
- Forty (40) hours of contact time over a period of five days for lectures, skills training, demonstrations, practice role-plays, discussions, and class presentation.
- Ten (10) hours of self-directed learning, and class assignments.
Upon successful completion of the workshop, each participant would receive:
- A Graduate Certificate in Psychotherapeutic Approaches (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- A Letter indicating your successful completion of both the workshop and the Australia Counselling Association (ACA)’s ten (10) Ongoing Professional Development (OPD) hours.
ACCREDITATION AND RECOGNITION
We are pleased to announce that this course is recognised by the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) and the Association of Psychotherapists And Counsellors (Singapore) (APACS)!
PAST WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS!
“I particularly enjoyed learning the various skills of CBT and being able to role play and use them in a real world situation”
“I liked that it was a safe environment and there were a lot of sharing on real-life experiences”
“Materials for practice and learning with practice sessions to help reinforce content that was learned”
“A lot of discussion among classmates”
“The emphasis placed on the importance of religiously going through certain things instead of glossing through e.g. going through confidentiality, explaining things to clients”
“Practical application of CBT, especially case-studies & proposed interventions”
“Practice and ability to receive immediate feedback about my abilities”
“I enjoy the small partner & group work, where we share real life issues instead of role playing with scripts”
“The start to end of the counselling value chain – from intake form and mini mental status examination to ending the therapeutic relationship”
REGISTER FOR WORKSHOP!
Click here to explore our upcoming events!