July can not have come any sooner! With our expanding services, we have acquired a new eMpathy room. Starting 15 July 2019 (Monday), the room would be made available for both our in-house clinicians and external clinicians. With our on-going partnership and collaboration with the Association of Psychotherapists And Counsellors (Singapore) (APACS) and our efforts to give-back to the Helping Industry, all APACS members would enjoy a special rate for the room rental.
A couple of highlights for June:
- Our Basic Counselling skills workshop on 1 June (Saturday) was a success! Participants attended this workshop had the opportunity to practice with our three in-house clinicians. This is a good workshop for participants to have applied hands-on practice on counselling skills such as reflection and summarisation.
- We have collaborated with Far East Organisation on 15th June (Saturday), to provide a seminar on the overview of our Next-Level Parenting (NLP) series to help parents who may be experiencing day-to-day issues with their kids.
- We are honoured to be able to collaborate with APACS to host their quarterly Membership Development Day on 22 June (Saturday).
- Dr Jeffrey Po had kindly faciliated “The Psychology of ‘mindfulness’ – the Journey” workshop on 29 June (Sunday). Everyone had fun learning the science behind mindfulness.
- We had our first run of “The ABCs of CBT” on 30 June (Sunday). Participants learnt how to use cognitive restructuring to improve their lives.
- Our Life Skills Series workshop have been encouraging! My team will continue to roll out more interesting workshops. So keep a look out!
The “Introduction to Art Therapy” workshop by Mrs Vijaya Mohan (art Psychotherapist) is back by popular demand! To ensure the maximum therapeutic outcome for class participants, there will be limited seats available on a first-come-first-serve basis only.
Lastly, we are happy to be able to work with the various corporations to provide talks, seminars, and / or workshops to their staff. This would help us to drive our goals in promoting mental wellness to the community.