Depression is the “common flu” of mental health. It is a mood disorder characterized by persistently low mood and a feeling of sadness and loss of interest.
It can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems and can decrease a person’s ability to function in their daily life.
How do we differentiate one having Depression from one being sad? Is Depression genetic? What exactly is Depression then?
Come and learn more about Depression and how you or your loved ones can seek professional help.
This seminar is suited for general public with no knowledge on psychology or mental health. We welcome any professionals or students in this field to come forward and share their knowledge.
In this seminar, participants will learn about:
- What is Depression
- The difference between Depression and Sadness
- What is Persistent Mood Disorder
- The various treatment plans for Depression, Sadness, and Persistent Mood Disorder
- How can counselling help you and your loved ones
- How to seek professional help
Date: 21 August 2021 (Saturday)
Time: 5pm to 6.30pm
Facilitator: Ms Long Wei Qi, Shenice
Venue: Zoom! (A link will be provided to you upon sign-up confirmation)
Click here to explore our upcoming events!