Burnout is included in the ICD-11 as an occupational phenomenon. Do you know that there is another kind of burnout which is not limited to occupational settings? Another type of burnout would be the caregiver burnout. Caregiver refers to an individual who helps another with medical or personal needs. This could be as a professional, or as a family member or friend, caring for someone who cannot care for themselves. It is important for a caregiver to be in a healthy state in order to take proper care of another individual.
In this webinar, we will be covering the following:
- What is caregiver stress and burnout?
- Symptoms of caregiver stress and burnout
- How does caregiver burnout occur?
- What is compassion fatigue and how is it different from caregiver burnout?
- Coping strategies
- Seeking professional help
Date: 8 August 2020 (Saturday)
Time: 4pm to 5.30pm
Facilitator: Ms Vivien Lai
Venue: Zoom! (A link will be provided to you upon sign-up confirmation)
Click here to explore our upcoming events!